Nadhrah A. Kadir
Ph.D. (Public Administration) (Virginia Tech), MPA (Public Administration) (USM), BAS (Administrative Science) (UiTM)
Nadhrah is an advocate for active and sustainable transport policy. Her current research is inspired by her passion for getting more people on bikes. In particular, her research is looking at understanding utility cycling from the lens of public administration (i.e., sustainable transport policy and public participation. She is also interested in educating people to understand the role of the bicycle as a mode of transport; beyond a tool to exercise or compete in sport-related events. She has been involved in many community engagements projects such as cycling/traffic safety for kids, tandem ride with the visually impaired people, bike-commute to campus/work campaigns, bike-sharing programs and many other cycling advocacy programs. She is a passionate everyday bicycle commuter and the founder of BikeCommute@USM, an advocacy group to encourage and support bicycle commuting in USM and beyond.
|Citations - 4||Undergraduate - 2||International - 0||Ph.D - 3|
|h-index - 0||Postgraduate - 3||National - 0||Masters - 2|
|University - 1|
- A Kadir, N. (Forthcoming) Promoting Utility Cycling: Prospects and Challenges from Penang Island, Transportation Research Interdisciplinary Perspectives
- A Kadir, N (under review) Autoethnography: Utility Cycling in Penang and Amsterdam
- Bakar, M F, and A. Kadir N. (2021) Persepsi komuniti kampus terhadap inisiatif dan amalan kelestarian di Universiti Sains Malaysia, Geografia-Malaysian Journal of Society and Space. Vol.17 (1)
- A Kadir N, (2019) A Brief Overview of Public Participation in Public Administration, Malaysian Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vol. 4 (3)
- A Kadir N and Lim G. T, (2019) An Interim Evaluation of Penang’s First Bike-Share Scheme. Geografia Malaysian Journal of Society and Space, Vol. 15 (3), 163-175
- A Kadir N. and Smith-Walter A. (2016) Stakeholders’ Perceptions of the Administrative Rules Governing Public Participation in the Hampton Roads Transportation Planning Organization, The Macrotheme Review, Vol. 5 (1), pp. 73-96.
- A Kadir N. and Jusoff K. (2009) Strategic Management and Improvement of the Malaysian Police from the Perspective of the Royal Commission Report, Journal of Law and Conflict Resolution, Vol. 1(4), pp. 072-078.
- Yaakob A.F, A Kadir N. and Jusoff K. (2009) Accountability from the Perspective of Malaysian Governance, Journal of Politics and Law, Vol. 2 (3), pp. 48-60.
- Rahmat, SR, Marzuki A, M Nazri F, Leong VV, Mohd S, A Latiff AR, Samsurijan MS, Yusoff M, A Kadir, N, Radin Badaruddin RF, M Shafie SA, (2020) Feasibility Study for Development Of Rest & Services Areas (RSA) - Phase 1 (Basic Amenities And Facilities) Jambatan Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah.
- Mohd S, Samat N, Surif M, Esa N, Abdul Latiff A H, Khoo S L, Lim E S, A Kadir N, Samsurijan M S, Ishak M I S, Radin Badaruddin R B, Rahmat S R (2018) Services for Stage 1's Stakeholder Consultation for Developing the Penang Green Agenda (PGA), Penang Green Council.
- Azman A, Ahmad Farouk A A, Mohd S, Husin A, Samsurijan M S, A Kadir N, Rahmat S R, Md Darit S (2016) Penang Transport Master Plan: Socio-economic and Geopolitical Impact.
- Public Sector Management (SPA 506)
- Organizational Management (SPA 503)
- Pentadbiran Awam (SPW201)
- Public Sector Management (SPU323)
- Research Project (SPA592)
RESEARCH & CONSULTANCY
- Utility Cycling in Penang: Prospect and Challenges (2020) (Completed)
- Penang’s First Bike-Share Program: An Interim Evaluation (Completed)
- Deliberative Civic Engagement in Action: Understanding the Dynamic Interaction between Cycling Advocates and the City Council of Penang Island (in progress)
- USM Sustainability Implementation Plan (2020-2025) USM-CGSS (in progress)
- Feasibility Study for Development of Rest & Services Areas (RSA) - Phase 1 (Basic Amenities and Facilities) Jambatan Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah, Jambatan Kedua Sdn.Bhd. (2020) (Completed)
- Expert Group on Sustainable Mobility and Connectivity (SMC) Penang Green Agenda, Penang Green Council, July 2019 (Completed)
- Working Group on Governance and Institutions (Penang Green Agenda), Penang Green Council, Aug 08, 2019 – Sept 22, 2019 (Completed)
- Developing the Penang Green Agenda (PGA), (2017-2018) USM-Penang Green Council
- Penang Transport Master Plan: Socio-economic and Geopolitical Impact (2016) (Completed)
- Services for Stage 1's Stakeholder Consultation for Developing the Penang Green Agenda (PGA), Penang Green Council, 01/06/2017 - 30/03/2018, (Completed)
- Obadahun Oluwatoyin Simon, The Intervention of Tertiary Education Trust Fund to the Training and Development of University Academics in Northwest and Southwest Nigeria (in progress)
- Ladan Ozayashi Nasirudeen Managing the Security Challenges in Abuja: Kidnapping as A Threat to National Security (in progress)
- Shahriza Ilyana Ramli, An Evaluation of Public Perception Towards Police Personnel Integrity (in progress)
- Hasrina Mas’ud (TBD)
- Siti Nur Nabillah Jasni Kajian Kes Partisipasi Awam Secara Langsung: Memahami Dinamika Interaksi Di Antara Kumpulan Advokasi Berbasikal Dengan Majlis Bandaraya Pulau Pinang (MBPP), Kerajaan Tempatan Pulau Pinang (Completed)
- Mohd Fairus Abu Bakar, Persepsi komuniti kampus terhadap inisiatif dan amalan kelestarian di Universiti Sains Malaysia (Completed)
RESEARCH POTENTIAL AREAS
- Sustainable Transport Policy
- Active Transport Policy
- Public Participation
- New Public Services