Master of Economic Management (Course Work)
Candidates are required to accumulate 40 credits from the core, elective and optional courses.
Core Courses (28 units)
- Economics of Production and Consumption
- Macroeconomic Management and Policy
- Applied Econometrics
- Issues in the Malaysian Economy
- Research Project Seminar
- Research Project
Elective Courses (12 cunits)
- Global Resource Flows
- Economics of Finance
- Industrial Dynamics
- Human Resource Economics
- Resource and Environmental Economics
- Micro Issues in Public Sector Economics
- Comparative Economics Management
- Independent Study
Applicants should possess the following:
A Bachelor's degree with a CGPA of 3.00/4 or equivalent in a related field.
Any Bachelor's degree with working experience related to the field of study.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System
- English courses offered by British Council.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
(Applicable for Malaysian Applicants Only)
MUET Band 4
Full-time: Min 12 months / Max 24 months
Part-time: Min 24 months / Max 48 months