Looking for information on postgraduate degrees? Click here.
Aims and Objectives
The Anthropology and Sociology programme aims to:
- Provide students with the necessary knowledge and basic skills to understand human and societal behaviour as well as to examine cultural patterns, problems and societal changes, especially with regards to Malaysia, from the Anthropology and Sociology perspectives.
- Develop students’ ability in conducting research using methods and techniques commonly used in the Anthropology and Sociology discipline such as participant observation and use of statistics.
- Produce students who are analytical, critical, able to conduct social science research and sensitive towards changes, dynamics and development of the society they live in.
Graduates will be able to:
- Acquire basic knowledge about concepts, theories and orientations in Anthropology and Sociology.
- Gain basic skills in designing and executing social research.
- Analyze and apply perspectives and concepts learned to various social phenomena.
- Communicate with others and work in groups with confidence.
- Assess and examine issues critically and analytically.